Entry is limited to one person only. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider,online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Only entries submitted electronically through the Contest webpage will be eligible for consideration. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Representations and Warranties Regarding Entries: By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry does not and shall not comprise, contain, or describe, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
false statements or any misrepresentations of your affiliation with a person or entity;
personally identifying information about you or any other person; (C) statements or other content that is false, deceptive, misleading, scandalous, indecent, obscene, unlawful, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, tortious, threatening, harassing, hateful, degrading, intimidating, or racially or ethnically offensive; (D) conduct that could be considered a criminal offense, could give rise to criminal or civil liability, or could violate any law; (E) any advertising, promotion or other solicitation, or any third party brand name or trademark; or (F) any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful code or component. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that you own the full rights to the Entry and have obtained any and all necessary consents, permissions, approvals and licenses to submit the
Entry and comply with all of these Official Rules, and that the submitted Entry is your sole original work, has not been previously published, released or distributed, and does not infringe any third-party rights or violate any laws or regulations.
3) Disclaimer/Limitations of Liability/Reserved Right: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Official Rules or elsewhere, Elsevier makes available the Contest and any prizes on an “as is” basis and disclaims all warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a purpose in connection therewith. To the extent permitted by law, neither Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, shall have any obligation, liability or responsibility with regard to (i) entries that
contain incorrect or inaccurate information or do not comply with these Official Rules, (ii) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not
received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, technical or other error of any kind,
(iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties,
(iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may
cause the Contest to be disrupted or delayed, or
(v) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from participation in the Contest, accessing, uploading or downloading data in connection with the Contest, or acceptance, possession or use of any prize. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest website
or otherwise violating these Official Rules. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if the Contest cannot be completed as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort and to select a winner from among eligible entries unaffected by such event, if any.
4) Release: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, THE ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, VENDORS, AND AGENCIES, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, RELATED TO ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, CONTRIBUTION, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5) Right to Use Entries: By entering the Contest, entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive,irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide right and license to reproduce, publish, display, edit and otherwise use the submitted Entries, and entrant’s full name and city and state/province/country of residence, photograph, likeness, and voice, online and in print or any other media for purposes of editorials, exhibition, advertising, publicity and promotion of the Contest and Sponsor’s publications and products, without additional compensation or permission, unless prohibited by law.
7) By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Panel, and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable local laws and regulations.
8) The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the courts of New Delhi, INDIA, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles.
9) Trademarks and Intellectual Property Rights: Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Contest, in particular that relating to the Contest prizes, are the property of their respective owners. This Contest and Elsevier are not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, the relevant owners, where such owners are not part of the Elsevier group of companies.