1) EBSO Contest is open to all the Medical Students of 1st year who are at least 18 years of age at
the time of entry and not prohibited in any manner by any person, entity, authority or law
anywhere in the world from participating in this Contest or any similar contest.
2) Employees of RELX India Pvt Ltd. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the Contest judges, and the immediate families and those living in the same household of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3) NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY to enter or win; purchase does not increase chances of winning.
1) The school confirms their participation to Elsevier representative by sharing list of the 1 st
MBBS students to help us with registrations.
2) EBSO consists of the following rounds-
. The Olympiad is based on 3 Basic Science subjects- Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology.
• Question paper will have 45 multiple choice questions to be attempted in 30 minutes.
• Post-test every participant will receive a participation certificate at their registered email id’s
• Top 10 scorers from each college to be qualified for Round 2
• Top 3 winners out of 10 to get free Elsevier books
• Difficulty level enhanced for question categories.
• This round will be bifurcated into Quiz & Essay Writing.
• Quiz- There will be 30 MCQs to be attempted in 15 minutes.
• Essay Writing- A topic related to basic medicine subjects would be given on the spot after the quiz, a time of 7 minutes will be allotted to write the essay.
Scholarships rewarded to 30 students Pan India worth INR 10,000 each.
‘Certificate of Excellence’ & trophy to be given to every winner
Scholarship money is non-transferable. The participant must share his/her own personal bank details.
All other expenses associated with use of the prize, including, but not limited to local, state, or federal taxes on the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.