Elsevier Basic Sciences Olympiad is an online national level contest that strives to bring together the best of 1st year medical students from around the country for a friendly but intense competition in the spirit of the Olympiad. EBSO tests students’ knowledge in fields of Anatomy, Biochemistry & Physiology. The goal of EBSO is to stimulate a desire to learn more about these three basic sciences subjects among today’s youth, to inspire them to develop their skills and gain hands-on learning experience because they play a vital role in developing skills of future medicos.
About the Olympiad-With a legacy of 10 years, EBSO is the only platform in India, which is widely accepted and appreciated by all stakeholders of the medical fraternity. Designed specifically for the 1st year medical students, it is considered as one of the most ambitious and extensive quiz platforms in India which helps students develop their skills and gain hands-on-learning experience in three key basic sciences subjects. The platform not only tests students’ knowledge but also gives them an opportunity to compete with students across the country and realize their true potential and understanding.
Elsevier India, a global information analytics provider, believes that the basic sciences subjects’ need special attention because they play a vital role in developing skills of future medicos. Medical students must be hence, encouraged to strengthen their subject expertise and skills in these areas. With precisely this thought, Elsevier India has launched one of the most popular Basic Sciences Olympiads in the field of Health Sciences- Elsevier’s Basic Sciences Olympiad (EBSO).
- Contest Info & Instructions-First Year Medical & Dentistry students from across Medical & Dental Institutes/Colleges in India only.
- Focus Subjects: Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology.
Round 1 - MCQ Round
- The 1st round consists of 45 multiple-choice questions from the basic sciences subjects-Anatomy, Biochemistry & Physiology.
- There would be no negative marking in this round.
- All questions would carry equal weightage.
- Time Allotted- 30 minutes
Round 2 - MCQ & Video Round
- Multiple Choice Questions Round- Just like the 1st round, there would be 30 multiple-choice questions from the basic sciences subjects.
- There would be negative marking in this round. All questions would carry equal weightage.
- Time Allotted- 15 minutes
- Video Round- The eligible students will get a topic on "Education practices" before starting the second round to record a video of themselves. Here is a detailed guide on how to make & upload the video.
- Please be assured that the video will not be put on any channel of Elsevier or shared outside without your consent.